This statement applies to the https://www.pqhealthcare.com.au/ website that is owned by PQ Tasmania Healthcare Supplies (“the Owner”)
ParaQuad Tasmania is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This Policy sets out our personal information management practices. It covers the following areas:
- Compliance with the National Privacy Principles
- Compliance with the Health Privacy Principles
- Personal information collected
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Security of personal information
- Contact details
Throughout this Policy, we refer to your “personal information” which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your name, address and telephone number are examples of personal information. “Health information” is a type of personal information that relates to your health.
References to “us”, “we” and “our” are references to ParaQuad Tasmania and references to “you” or “your” are references to ParaQuad Tasmania’s customers.
Compliance with the National and State Privacy Principles
ParaQuad Tasmania will comply with the following and any other applicable laws to protect your privacy:
- The National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act (Commonwealth)
- The Health Privacy Principles under the Tasmanian Personal Information Protection Act 2004
- The Tasmanian Personal Information and Protection Act 2004
- The National Freedom of Information Act 1991
- The National Archives Act 1983
Personal information collected
We only collect personal information that is necessary for our functions and activities. For example, we may collect your contact details to resolve any queries you may have, or to enable you to pay your account by credit card.
Generally, we try to collect personal information directly from you, however there are certain situations in which we may collect personal information about you from someone else. In either case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which the information is collected.
In certain circumstances we may collect sensitive information such as health information. We will only collect this information with your consent or otherwise in accordance with the law.